I thought I would include a list of items that you might want to consider bringing as well as mention some items that you don’t need to worry about bringing.
What you do NOT need to bring:
The Stash Bash sponsors are providing irons, cutting mats, pressing mats, rotary cutters and rulers.
- 6 FQs to swap during a couple of rounds of a game called LCR where 3 FQs are your “chips”
- WIPs – Works in Progress or any projects that you plan on working on during the weekend. We will have an on site vendor with a limited amount of fabric and notions for sale as well.
- Personal sewing supplies like pins, pincushion, snips, thread, etc for your own sewing area
- Surge Protector – if you are concerned about protecting your “baby” please bring your own. We will provide as many extension cords as we can, but they will not provide the surge protection.
- Swap items for swaps arranged via the Google Group before the retreat.
- Clothing layers in case the room is a bit too cool or too warm for you.
- Comfy clothes and pjs – the weekend is about relaxing and there are no dressy events. People sharing rooms may want to bring a bathrobe.
- Flip-flops and/or slippers. Many people sew barefoot and you are welcome to be barefoot in the sewing room if you don’t mind pins in your feet. You are also welcome to be in pjs in the sewing room. When I say comfort, I mean comfort 😉
- Bathroom stuff. Keep in mind if you are sharing, you might want to consolidate your things into a pouch or bag.
- Snacks, treats, and drinks for yourself or to share. All meals will be provided but you are also welcome to bring your own food and drinks.
- Workout clothes and/or walking shoes (optional).
- Money or cards for fabric on-site (vendor is Beth Louche with Stash Fabrics) and any trips to local quilt shops that you might make.
- Your phone and/or camera for Instagramming, blogging, etc. Please help thank our sponsors so they will spoil us even more next year 😉
I am probably overlooking something so please feel free to email or message me with suggestions to add here.